Sunday, January 09, 2011

my finds from the vintage paper fair



i spent a few hours at San Francisco's Vintage Paper Fair poring through tables and tables of postcards, patiently finding paper treasures. i bumped into a friend who was attending the show for the first time and guided her through the fair because she was feeling overwhelmed. plus it helped that i knew where a certain vendor sells all his postcards for 25 cents.


one of my favorite finds are these fragile german aerogrammes,which are typewritten. of course i can't read any german, but they are from the 1950s.


postal covers, most of these were 50 cents to a dollar each. i try to limit my budget to items that cost no more than $2.


postcards from france, i also love the back sides which say 'carte postale.' some of them i bought because of the pretty handwriting and not for the image.


a bunch of old photographs, most of them are small snapshots. a few are images of italy, and most are images of people.


a bunch of postcards i found that are all letter writing related.

7 comments:

About Me said...

You found some really good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful stash. Looking forward to seeing them in your work. xox Corrine

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

OooOOooo Annie...you did better than me! I especially love the letter writing related postcards...next time I will spend more time there.

catwrangler said...

Wonderful. You lucky girl. Your photos are stunning too.

mim said...

Thanks for a visit to the tea shop. I really like seeing how sweet they designed the space and the cool products. Lucky you to have been to a paper fair!

PostMuse said...

I have never been to a paper fair. I think I live in the wrong part of the world. I love seeing all your wonderful finds!

Lonnie C said...

Where did you get "The Pen is mightier than the sword" card, and do they have more???? Or can I buy it from you?